Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    TOM CRUISE needs an education

    Ok, while I think it is excessively Iron Johnish, eating the placenta (placentophagia) at least has roots in cultural practices (as does burying it). But even here he seems to have gone off on a nut. Placentophagia is usually a ritual where the placenta is cooked, stewed or dried and ground up. While I did not request this sort of thing from my wife, I can see the attention given to the placenta as honoring the woman's body.

    However, it is still the woman's body, and most cultures allow the new mother to prepare, dispose or otherwise take care of her own placenta--eating it if she wishes. Dads, it seems, universally should but out.

    That is what I did. It wasn't mine. I looked at it with curiosity mixed with awe, but eating it would have seemed, unless offered by my wife, as some sort of invasion.

    I am judging from without, but Senor Couch Hopper seems to take too many liberties. See this quote and then think of his two adopted kids.

    National Ledger - Tom Cruise: Katie Holmes Was Silent and 'An Absolute Champ': "-- Tom recorded the whole thing with a camera and said it was the most beautiful moment of his life."
    My final throught on the matter.

    The name "Suri" has been coming under scrutiny. I am not able to find confirmation on this story, but at least one has gone on record as saying that TC doesn't know what he is talking about:

    Language experts are amazed TOM CRUISE and KATIE HOLMES have named their baby daughter SURI - because there is no record of the name meaning "Princess" in Hebrew. According to Hebrew linguists, Suri has only two meanings - one is a person from Syria and the other "go away" when addressed to a female. Hebrew expert JONATHAN WENT says, "I think it's fair to say they have made a mistake here. There are variations of the way the Hebrew name for princess is spelt but I have never seen it this way." Suri can also be translated into a Hindi boy's name, and it also means "pointy nose" in some Indian dialects and "pickpocket" in Japanese.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen