Tuesday, May 30, 2006

    Web Savvy Pookie

    5 year old Pookie calls me today to see if I could go onto the internet. Ever since she learned that I was raised in Texas, she has had an on again, off again interest. Today was on. She wanted to know if I could go onto the internet and find her some pink boots. She even had the URL:

    "Just go onto the internet and type in www.pinktowdirlboots.com" That, she said, was sure to get what she wanted.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Piss Poor Prof said...

    AC: thanks for the link.

    Yes, I think that with exposure young, the section of the brain (I am by no means a cognitive neuroscientist) that allows for language acquisition must also allow for an intuitive sense of the nature of technology. They just seem to get it.

    I contrast this with the older adult learners I adjunct. They don't get it so well.

    BTW, I edited the post. I messed up the URL: she had included her version of cowgirl ("towdirl"). I have fixed that terrible ommission.

    Wednesday, May 31, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home