Wednesday, June 14, 2006

    Cross Post with insidehighered.com comment

    I agree with my fellow posters above about the suspicious nature of the AdjunctImpact site.  I think that a commercial company is using the Inside Higher Ed site for free publicity.  They are also using "Beta" sites as free content providers.  What a simple job to convert someone else's experience or advice into content for the AI site.  

    Please, no one give out free help on this.  As an adjunct who takes pains to also be a good instructor, I find sites like this to be insulting, watering down the profession even more.  It seems as if they wish to further the practice of shoving a Subject Matter Expert into the classroom with no regard to educational practices.  

    Pisses me off.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen