Wednesday, July 05, 2006

    Evidence of Pentagon Surveillance

    One of my first stops of the RSS day, my patriotic buzz was killed today by the Inside Higher Ed online feed with the following:

    "College officials are expressing concerns about a 400-page Department of Defense document that characterizes “threats” stemming from protests and demonstrations at institutions of higher education nationwide as either “credible or “not credible.” The document, which includes information on multiple protests at college campuses over the last year, has led to questions from officials at the monitored institutions over how the Pentagon has pursued its information."
    I am not as paranoid as I feel that I need to be. :)

    Seriously, though, the larger article outlines one DoD-er as stating that it should be no big deal...it is not like they have people going to the meetings or anything, a-la sixties infiltration. They just look to provide "dots" to connect later.

    Dissent is not an actionable reason to serveil.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen