Tuesday, July 25, 2006

    FireFox Meme


    I know that the a lot of my posts reflect an interest in Eductional topics. But, today I am going to geek out.

    I am going to attempt to start a meme...

    Given my site traffic, I expect very low participation. Surprise me.

    FireFox Meme: what does your firefox browser look like? What extensions/toolbars do you use? I took this screenshot by opening all relevent toolbars and then shrinking the window to inlude only my blog title.

    tag: , , , , , ,

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Miranda said...

    I just have the standard set up with several of my frequently clicked sites on the toolbar. I would take a screen shot and share but I don't seem to have photo editing software right now. Grr...Need new 'puter.

    Wednesday, July 26, 2006  
    Blogger Miranda said...

    I wanted to ask, what is your favorite extension? Are they all on the firefox site?

    Please elucidate. ;)

    Wednesday, July 26, 2006  
    Blogger Piss Poor Prof said...

    Miranda, the shot I have was cropped using MS Paint (which should come standard). You can also use Gimp, a free open-source version of Photoshop, bit that is probably overkill. Paint is for you.

    As far as extensions, I think the one I use the most is JustBlogIt. It allows a context menu (the right click) to open a linked window (it creates the link code in html for you) that then posts directly into your Blogger account. It makes for fast, linked-postings.

    I also use the Weather (AccuWeather) because it gives me a short-term forecast as well as a large, pop-up, real-time weather map.

    Hope this helps.

    Thursday, July 27, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home