Monday, August 28, 2006

    Just a quick update

    Just a quick update:
    • Visit to grandparent went better than expected.  She, though, looks as if to not be long for this world.  I am deeply saddened by that.

    • At the start of August I had no classes scheduled to teach for the coming fall…by mid-August I still had none.  I now have six.  Such is the nature of adjuncting.  

    • They are all online.  I never get to see my students.

    • I will also be transitioning from my current project to one just outside The City.  I will commute during the week, working M-R.  It will be hard on the family.  But, we need the money.  Such is the life of an adjunct.

    • Stress has not gotten any better.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Rebel Girl said...

    Rob, check out Dissent the Blog for a favorable mention of your blog.

    Monday, August 28, 2006  
    Blogger Piss Poor Prof said...

    No "Rob" here, but I will check out the link.

    Tuesday, August 29, 2006  
    Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

    Boy, do I know last minute adjunct requests. I once got a call after the first day of class, asking me to take over for a prof that had had an emotional breakdown in front of his students on the first day. Sure, I wanted to say 'no thanks,' but I needed the money. And if you say no once, it's a long time before they call you back. I should have gotten a damned bonus for that class...

    Friday, September 01, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home