Another quick update
Another quick update:
- My consulting project in Near Big Town comes to an end after almost a year. It has enabled me to spend nights at home. I will miss that.
- Next week I begin a consulting project in Gotham Burb. I will not be home every night. I don't think I, Pookie or Lovely Wife will like that at all.
- Pookie went to kindergarten yesterday. I was able to be there to help her adjust. I did, though, argue with the principle. Not a good start for dad. Good start for Pookie.
- Memaw is doing the same, which is not as good as my grandmother should be doing.
- Change is everywhere.
- One of my adjuncting colleges is introducing new measures (standardization) which is new and disturbing. I hope it is a trend they move to avoid—Rising College has the market on that, and I didn't like it there.
- I will be back on the road, which means lots of food on the go, airports and lonely hotels. Why can't I make money in the field I studied? At home? With my family?