Wednesday, September 06, 2006

    Another quick update

    Another quick update:

    • My consulting project in Near Big Town comes to an end after almost a year.  It has enabled me to spend nights at home.  I will miss that.

    • Next week I begin a consulting project in Gotham Burb.  I will not be home every night.  I don't think I, Pookie or Lovely Wife will like that at all.

    • Pookie went to kindergarten yesterday.  I was able to be there to help her adjust.  I did, though, argue with the principle.  Not a good start for dad.  Good start for Pookie.

    • Memaw is doing the same, which is not as good as my grandmother should be doing.  

    • Change is everywhere.

    • One of my adjuncting colleges is introducing new measures (standardization) which is new and disturbing.  I hope it is a trend they move to avoid—Rising College has the market on that, and I didn't like it there.

    • I will be back on the road, which means lots of food on the go, airports and lonely hotels.  Why can't I make money in the field I studied? At home? With my family?

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen