Tuesday, September 19, 2006

    Bloggin as a class assignment

    One of the colleges that I adjunct has revamped the into comp course. In setting up and reveiwing the materials, I stumbled upon a new requirement--every student has to post at least one blog entry per week on a classroom blog.

    I wonder about this working out--as an educational tool, as a logistical headache, etc.

    Anyone have any experience assigning a blog for a class assignment? Any help out there?

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Dr. Crazy said...

    You can find links related to classroom blogging at the last teaching carnival (held over at Workbook). I think somebody is actually doing a series of posts about how it goes this fall....

    Tuesday, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Miriam Jones said...

    Yeah, there were posts at the last two carnivals. Many of us who use blogging link from our sites. I only did a group blog once but I routinely get students to set up their own blogs. Generally, it goes really well.

    Tuesday, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Leightongirl said...

    I have used blogging as an assignment. Generally speaking, it's a lot of work for the prof. Set up rss in your bookmarks so that you can see if they've actually newly posted. Tell them you read them once a week on a certain day and that if they don't have the posts done by then they don't get credit. Be prepared for complaints... and some wins too. A few will keep blogging afterwards. Many won't. Email me if you want more info.

    Friday, September 22, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home