Tuesday, November 28, 2006

    Adjunct Addict

    Where have I been? Well, pull up a mouse and let me tell you.

    Longtime readers (both of you) will know that I had a rather large work load this past few months. I commute to Gotham weekly, leaving the weekend to try and retain some semblance of family (Pookie and Lovely Wife shoulder quite a large amount of this work arrangement’s burden).

    While commuting, I was also teaching a series of three and three sets of classes for one college (one of the first three was a 12 week course) as well as a 14 week course at cc#2. So, at any given point I had, in addition to my real job, at least 4 active courses. While this has not been burdensome in the past, three of those courses were completely new builds of which one was an experiment in using the college’s own material. That was a big time suck.

    Well, that has all changed. More on that later. Suffice to say that my work load has lessened dramatically. In doing so, my feeling of burnt-out-ness magnified. So, I took a break. No blogging, no bitching, none of the usual. I stepped back.

    But, today I was offered some courses with cc#2, which, it seems, I really need to do. Apparently my sense of completeness involves some sort of teaching.

    I am an addict of instruction. An adjunct addict. Help me.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen