Monday, May 14, 2007

    Wild-n-Wacky Wiki

    As I was listening, recently, to Grace Slick seduce me with "White Rabbit," I thought I would google-wiki it.

    Come to find out, aside from three errors in fact from the lyrics (see below), the bass line is shared between three songs: "White Rabbit," "Can You Feel It" (The Jacksons), and [holding my head to realign my world] Madonna's "Material World."

    Don't believe me. Hear for yourself. Link works in Firefox.

    While I warn my students against citing, Wiki does have some useless, yet utterly cool, information.


    -----------
    Wiki tells me that:
    Three references, mentioned in "Alice in Wonderland", are all mixed up in the song: First of all, The White Knight does not talk backwards, the Jabberwocky does. Secondly, the Red Queen does not say "Off with her Head", the Queen of Hearts says that. Thirdly, the dormouse never said "Feed Your Head". It's not mentioned elsewhere in the book.

    Would you like me to read this to you? Listen