Back on the Chain Gang
I am beginning to settle back into a kind of routine. In case you missed, here is a three-month review:
- Applied to local university for an Instructional Design position--which I am radically qualified for (I have working knowledge of the tools, experience with designing instructional material for adult learners--its been my friggin job for ten years--and experience as an online instructor--my future audience).
- Didn't make the first cut
- Took a project that had me traveling to a new town each week--gets old fast
- local university calls back and indicates the three candidates they brought in all failed to impress--would I apply again
- I apply again
- Take a net-based, webinar one week gig. Worked fine.
- Again did not make the phone interview cut
- Drove the family cross the plains to teach for a week
- Family got really sick--awful flu season, this one
- Interviewed with and was offered a job the next day
- Now working full time--project-based instructional design and delivery
- No higher education work at all